“The PEXIM Foundation takes pride in gathering inspiring people. Some great friendships, initiatives and projects emerged from these gatherings. The event we organised with NIS was no exception. We had a very interesting mix of talented students, young professionals but also very experienced professionals that come from various backgrounds. We had business people and energy experts, as well as engineers, lawyers, linguists, biologists and even magicians. I enjoyed seeing them connect and share their interests. I look forward to seeing the great things that will come out of this gathering.” - Tijana Gajić, Executive Director
PEXIM-BSCC Annual Dinner
In 2011, the PEXIM Foundation for the first time joined efforts with the British-Serbian Chamber of Commerce and organized the inaugural PEXIM-BSCC dinner. The Dinner, that would become the PEXIM Foundation’s flagship event, takes place every year upon the completion of the third academic term, at Trinity College, Cambridge.
The main goal of the Dinner is to provide an opportunity for students from Serbia and North Macedonia, currently studying at the University of Cambridge, to meet with distinguished people from the corporate and social sphere, as well as academia, and acquire valuable insight into their potential career paths.
Aside from Cambridge alumni, the Dinners have so far been attended by:
- Sir Paul Judge, founder of Cambridge Judge Business School and the former Chairman of British – Serbian Chamber of Commerce
- Ms Kori Udovički, former Deputy Prime Minister of the Government of Serbia, and Minister of Public Administration and Local Self-Government
- Mr Vuk Jeremić, President of the Center for International Relations and Sustainable Development (CIRSD), former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Serbia, and former President of the UN General Assembly
- Mr Nenad Borovčanin, former State Secretary in the Ministry of Youth and Sport, the Republic of Serbia
- Mr Adam Goral, President of Management Board of Asseco
- Ognjen Pribićević, former Ambassador of the Republic of Serbia to the UK
- Dejan Popović, former Ambassador of the Republic of Serbia to the UK
- Representatives of Microsoft, NIS Gazprom Neft, Nordeus, Infobip and Bitgear
- Members of the British – Serbian Chamber of Commerce.
The event is also regularly attended by the representatives from the Cambridge Trust:
- Hellen Pennant, current Director
- Michael O’Sullivan, former Director.
In addition, the PEXIM Foundation welcomes partnerships in organising the Dinner, similar to those that happened with: The Organization of Serbian Students Abroad (OSSA), and The Office for Cooperation with the Diaspora and Serbs in the Region under the auspices of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
PEXIM Farewell Event in Belgrade
Among the current and former students of the University of Cambridge, the reception has been attended, in the capacity as honourable guests by:
PEXIM Foundation regularly organises networking events in honour of the new generation of PEXIM scholars. The Farewell Event usually takes place in September, a month prior to the departure of the scholarship recipients to Cambridge.
- Mr Denis Keefe, HMA of the United Kingdom in Serbia
- Ms Ana Brnabić, current Prime Minister, former Minister of Public Administration and Local Self-Government and former Member of Managing Board of PEXIM Foundation
- Mr Milan Novakovic, Deputy Director at Microsoft Development Center Serbia
- Mr Zdravko Ponos, Director of Center for International Relations and Sustainable Development
- Ms Clare Sears, Director of the British Council for Serbia and the Western Balkans
- Other long-established friends of the PEXIM foundation, representatives of corporate and public sector, including, the British-Serbian Chamber of Commerce, NIS, Nordeus, Infobip, Seven Bridges Genomics, the Fund for Young Talents, the Ministry of the Youth and Sport, the Government of Serbia
Other events and the mentorship initative
The PEXIM Foundation is committed to the overall promotion of knowledge and uses every opportunity to connect young talents with the accomplished and recognised.
Such were the events:
Lecture at Cambridge Judge Business School - with NIS top management in 2018
PEXIM Foundation partnered with NIS a.d. Novi Sad to organise a lecture on “Management and Leadership in the 4th Industrial Revolution – Challenges and Opportunities”. The lecture given by the NIS CEO, Mr Kirill Tyurdenev, captured the interest of the professors and students of one of the most renowned business schools in the world. Those in attendance had the opportunity to hear about the types of innovations and the new technologies brought to us by the 4th Industrial Revolution affecting both our everyday lives and the decision making in large corporations, with new, renewable, energy sources and ways of storing them, as well as the digital transformation and the processes and mechanisms it involves.
PEXIM Scholars also take great pride in giving back to their communities and inspiring others for a positive change. This is why the PEXIM Foundation has decided to launch a mentoring programme, where all interested undergraduate students from Serbia and North Macedonia can sign up and express willingness to be mentored by our scholars.
The goal is to use acquired experience to show support and right direction for achieving the dreams of undergraduate students: be it to enrol at Master degree in Cambridge, land a dream job, or just about anything else, career-wise.